Engineering Team Lead
Who we are?
Jeff is an international Start-up based in Valencia, Spain, that is revolutionizing how customers access every-day services, online to offline. We have more than 2300 hubs across South America, Europe and most recently we have launched our services in South East Asia, Africa, and Eastern Europe. Operating worldwide, we provide Jeff’s service in more than 35 countries across our 4 verticals laundry, beauty, fitness and relax.
2021 brings a new milestone, we’re launching our service in the US which represents an incredible market and opportunity for Jeff. Are you ready for the challenge?
Jeff's mobile app and online platform connects customers with our local hub services such as laundry, beauty and fitness, allowing them to lay back, relax and enjoy their day.
The good, good life is brought to you by #TheGoodGoodTeam, we are more than 300 passionate and committed Jeffs from all over the world and (most) based in Valencia (Spain). We are a passionate, dynamic, data driven and collaborative team who is ready to change things!
Our core values are our strength, we share and promote them through our organization to create a great culture and a great place to work. Never enough, All in, Zero bullshit, One team. Would you like to join us and become the next “Jeff”? We are looking forward to meet you!
· LOOK GOOD · FEEL GOOD · LIVE GOOD ·
- Lead a team of 6-8 engineers and be responsible for the growth and happiness of the team members
- Be accountable for all things in your team including the outcome of your squad, the correct balance between quality and uncertainty, hiring and the performance of your team
- Work closely with the product manager and product designer of your team to prioritize the right things and ensure engineering needs are also being worked on
- Be the contact point for your team and ensure you shield your team from distractions while still keeping them involved in everything you do from an end-to-end point of view, explaining why we do what we do and making them participate in the decision making.
- Influence the strategic direction of the Team. Tactical influence over systems, priorities, and trade-offs
- Lead by example and motivate your team while bringing in new ideas on how to improve their way of working
- Ensure great communication in a full-remote company.
- A degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading agile cross-functional teams and coaching/mentoring engineers
- At least 5 years of experience in a software engineering role and agile environment
- You have delivered on complex, large scale projects
- You are data-driven, self-motivated and understand the importance of owning the work you do and its quality
- You are capable of being hands-on when needed and can help the team in technical discussions where it makes sense
- You are strong in Agile, flexible with the process, and know-how to combine the flexibility of Kanban with delivering complex projects on time
- You have a strategical mindset, you are able to slice complex problems into smaller ones
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary package. Fixed Salary.
- Great culture & working atmosphere, we're a young, upbeat and international work environment!
- Remote & Flexible working hours.
- Free English classes.
- Physiotherapist discounts.
- Health insurance discounts.
- Cobee card (discounts in restaurants, travel, etc).
- Devengo: Gives you financial flexibility to receive the generated salary in real time.